Midterm Assignment: Personal Theory of Knowledge
All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.
For credit as well as open-online participants are invited to respond to the following prompts in developing a personal theory of knowledge to be share on the blog by the end of next week (Friday December 5th).
- To state and support a proposition of personal knowledge;
- To synthesize and reflect on course topics explore thus far:
- Philosophical Inquiry
- Scientific Philosophy
- To integrate existing epistemological ideas into a unique personal theory.
- It’s a Blog Post: Each personal theory of epistemology will be posted in the form of a blog entry on the class site.
- Tell us what you know: Identify a specific aspect or perspective of your view of knowledge ( how, where, and under what conditions it exists, is acquired, communicated).
- Be Logical: Represent the statements formulating your proposition of knowledge as a syllogism or logical argument.
- Cite your Sources: Whether the website that originally posted the image at the top of your post or the thinker(s) who informed your own ideas, use links and identify how others’ have influenced your published work.