Draw-String Theory (Philosophy Presentation Post)
This is my post just showcasing the presentation I did on how Plato’s Cave is comparable to a hoodie drawstring.
- Philosophy as a whole = a hoodie.
- The specifics (categories/branches) of philosophy = drawstrings.
- When you look and notice that one end of the drawstring is longer than the other = initial discovery/question
- Pulling on the drawstring to adjust the lengths = first question and attempting to solve the question.
- The other end of the drawstring becomes shorter than the first = new question.
- Even on a molecular level, the drawstrings would be uneven = specifics/details.
- Every movement of even the finest strand would make another uneven.
- Plato’s Cave is the ignorance towards uneven drawstrings.
- Enlightenment = When you accept the drawstrings will never be even but continue to pull ( continue to question and accept new thoughs and point of view).